ETHICAL HYDROCARBON AND ZERO-CARBON ENERGY INVESTMENTS

HYDROCARBON EXPLORATION

-  7 Concessions across Southern Africa

-  7 R&D projects underway

-  Covering 54,000 km²

South Africa’s electricity crisis needs new solutions

 

South Africa generates 1.02 tons of carbon per MWh - almost double that of the UK. What we are witnessing is the steady decline of the coal dominated electricity industry in SA, which is crippling the wider economy

 

Implications of insufficient electricity provision to the country’s citizen’s include

children not being able to read at night, restaurant food going rotten due to inactive fridges and freezers, farmers not being able to pick products to take to market.

 

Another commercial impact put in numbers we can all understand:  mines not being able to dig beyond a shallow depth costs one hundred times the cost of generating electricity.

 

The ultimate cost?

 

The economic disruption caused by load shedding has resulted in the economy becoming one third smaller than it otherwise would have been had their been reliable electricity supply.

 

 

Aziza Coin lets you invest in the solution

The Aziza coin holds 20% of UK oil and gas exploration company, Africa New Energies as well as six natural gas and oil exploration companies that fall within the borders of South Africa.

 

Aziza Coin is championing technologies that will not only give southern Africa a cheap reliable baseload electricity supply using non-fracked natural gas sources, but it will also do it in such a way that the region’s electricity generation reduces its emissions by 70%.

Africa New Energies

Aziza Coin’s largest single hydrocarbon investment with 32 anomalies including 7 high-quality anomalies that are estimated to contain 1,630MM  BOE.

 

Read more below.

 

Six onshore South African exploration concessions

These concession companies were awarded Technical Cooperation Permits ("TCPs") in October 2018, which gives the companies the exclusive right to apply for exploration rights spanning a cumulative area of 3 million hectares – an area almost twice the size of Gauteng. The use of Africa New Energies exploration method creates a unique hydrocarbon opportunity that has the potential to have a transformational impact in South Africa.

The first start-up being supported is Africa New Energies (ANE), which has title to a 22,000 km squared onshore prospective hydrocarbon concession in Namibia, a concession larger than Wales, along with supportive airborne data and geochemical evidence of hydrocarbons, both oil & gas. 

 

ANE has also developed innovative exploration techniques needed to search for oil & gas across its Namibian concession at a third of the cost of traditional hydrocarbon exploration techniques, and with ten times the likelihood of success.

It was these favourable operating advantages that drew an unsolicited bid of $500 million in January 2017. The terms placed on the majority stake sale, however, were unfavourable to the sustainability of the concession and to the people of Namibia. The bid was, therefore, rejected and superseded by a more innovative and encompassing fund-raising model, the Aziza Project.

A successful ten-well drilling programme is the first step that will eventually help fund the construction of a hybrid gas-to-solar power plant that will supply low-cost electricity to the local grid. This will in turn deliver a massive stimulus to the Namibian economy, boosting job creation in the process.

Namibia will provide the proof of concept. ANE will then replicate the achievement in other countries across the continent, and in the process light up Africa and bring electricity to the 630 million Africans who currently have no access to the grid. The socio-economic impact of this will be monumental and unprecedented.

 

For more information visit www.ane.na

Aziza Coin, Africa New Energies, Asset backed security token, ICO, Crypto, Cryptocurrency, Altcoin, Asset backed Cryptocurrency, Security token, ICO, Oil, Gas, Solar, Power, Africa, Securitized Token Offering

A CLOSER LOOK 

AT THE CONCESSION ECONOMICS 

The concession is on Namibia’s Eastern border. It’s referred to as 2219/2319 based on the grid references and is 22,000 km2 in size with 32 separate anomalies occupying a total area of 2,038 km2. 

An anomaly is an area which has measurable differences in vegetation, geochemistry, radioactivity of trace elements or changes in micromagnetic and electromagnetic fields when compared to the surrounding area. ANE exploratory research plus anecdotal feedback from local communities suggests these anomalies could be the result of seepage of hydrocarbons.

The concession has an unrisked mean prospective resource of 1,6 billion
barrels of oil equivalent. Our financial modelling indicates an enterprise value of between $1.5bn and $5.5bn based on the P90 (meaning a 90% chance of exceeding) and P10 (meaning a 10% chance of exceeding) net risked resource assumptions, with a mean valuation of $3.1bn. Of this 20% will be attributable to the Aziza Project and it’s token holders.

Whilst these are compelling valuations it must highlighted that this is a high risk, high reward investment and long term business case. The goal of the ICO is to raise $60m to fund a ten well drilling program but there will be additional funding requirements after this. However, being able to commence a drilling programme is a huge milestone and any sort of strike will be front page news. 

Aziza Coin, Africa New Energies, Asset backed security token, ICO, Crypto, Cryptocurrency, Altcoin, Asset backed Cryptocurrency, Security token, ICO, Oil, Gas, Solar, Power, Africa, Securitized Token Offering

ZERO CARBON ENERGY INVESTMENTS

Solving renewables’ intermittency on a Gigawatt scale

The Aziza project has aimed to solve the renewables baseload problem in order to provide clear direction to stakeholders that we must now redouble our efforts to begin the energy transition, that the old baseload bogeyman of renewables has been slain, and that a massive national effort of diversifying our national grid away from fossil fuel baseload can begin.

Large-scale integration of pumped hydroelectric storage, solar and wind.

The key component in the solution is the creation of a small inland seawater reservoir 22 by 5 kilometers in size, with a useable water level between 180 and 200 metres above sea level.  

 

Situated 7km from the sea the reservoir will hold a maximum of 2 billion cubic metres of seawater.  With a usable capacity of 2 billion cubic metres of seawater held between 180 and 200 metres above sea level, the potential stored energy would be 980 GWh. 

 

For reference, South Africa uses approximately 550 GWh per day, so this facility would have enough storage to power the entire nation for more than a day, if every other generational unit was switched off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

For more information visit https://www.pumpedstorage.co.za/

  • Telegram aziza ico
  • LinkedIn - Grey Circle
  • Facebook - Grey Circle
  • Twitter - Grey Circle
  • Instagram - Grey Circle

Aziza Project Foundation, Fort Anne, South Quay, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 5PD  |  info@aziza.io